Friday, April 10, 2009

PETRA STORRS

Photobucket

You may or may not remember my fascination with paper folding. Regardless, my interest has been renewed by Susie Bubble's write-up on Petra Storrs. She's worked on costume design and art direction for music videos, prop and set design for photo shoots, smart product design, as well as fashion design. How does one acquire this job? I want.

I don't know enough about interior/exterior design or product design to lend commentary to those avenues of her work, but I definitely adore her surreal and painterly paper landscapes that suit themselves perfectly to stop motion animation, as well as her use of patterned paper and reflective surfaces to make these folded garments all the more interesting.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

photo source flickr

No comments: