Sunday, May 25, 2008

Current Obsession:

Cabinet of Curiosities

My sister got a ridiculous deal on this book a year or so ago. It's full of the most amazing illustrations. The colour, realism, and detail not only inspires my own art but also the future decor of my future apartment. I love antique cabinets, and I also love junk. By decorating my apartment to make it seem as though it's supposed to look like a treasure cabinet of old, then I imagine I might get away with being such a hoarder. Observe.

Exhibit A: Images from Albertus Seba's Cabinet of Natural Curiosities




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is a pedantic comment, but I can't help myself. LOVE cabinets of curiosities and highly recommend Barbara Benedict's book on 'Curiosity' -- discusses how curiosity has often been constructed as a female weakness (Pandora's box, Eve, and all that...). Rather fitting, no?

M

Pine & Lord said...

Thanks for commenting! I will definitely have to check that out!